Short Björk biography
- 1965 On the 21st of November Björk Guðmundsdóttir was born in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- 1977 In December Björk's first album Björk was released.
- During her teenage years Björk was involved in many bands e.g. Exodus, Tappi Tíkarrass and Kukl.
- 1986 On the 8th of June a boy named Sindri was born to Björk and her husband Thor Eldon.
- 1986 Björk acted in Juniper Tree.
- 1986 In November Sykurmolarnir/The Sugarcubes' first single was released.
- Sugarcubes made three studio albums and one remix album (It's It).
- 1988 In May Life's Too Good
- 1989 In October Here Today, Tomorrow Next Week!
- 1992 In February Stick Around For Joy
- 1992 In October It's It
- 1990 In October Björk's and trio Gudmundar Ingólfssonar's collaboration Gling-Gló was released.
- 1992 In November Sugarcubes split.
- 1993 In July Debut was released and Björk began her solo career.
- 1995 In June Björk's second solo album Post was released.
- 1996 In November Björk's remix album Telegram was released.
- 1997 In September Björk's third solo album Homogenic was released.
- 1998 In July Sugarcubes' compilation album The Great Crossover Potential was released.
- 2000 In May Björk's first big movie Dancer in the Dark premiered at Cannes Film Festival.
- 2000 In September the soundtrack of Dancer in the Dark Selmasongs was released.
- 2001 In August Björk's fourth solo album Vespertine was released.
- 2002 In October a daughter named Ísadóra was born to Björk and Matthew Barney.
- 2002 In November compilations Greatest Hits and Family Tree were released.
- 2003 In August four live albums were released as Live Box.
- 2004 In August Björk's fifth solo album Medúlla was released.
You can mail corrections and comments to me at
Last updated 2004-09-05.
back to Björk Homepage